Chapter 12 Practice (choose only one answer per question â€“ 1-9 (10 is different)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1 What is the main purpose for formative evaluation?
1. To judge learner mastery following instruction
2. To use data to support targeted revision
3. To ensure transfer and follow through
2 What is the main purpose for summative evaluation?
1. To continue the revision process after instruction is installed and time has lapsed
2. To judge the integrity of the implementation
3. To judge the impact of the instruction on the organization’s initial problem
3 What is the first phase of summative evaluation?
1. Expert judgment
2. One-to-one trials
3. Small group trial
4. Field trial
4 How does the expert judgment phase of summative evaluation differ from the formative evaluation expert review?
1. Type persons involved
2. Type data gathered and summarized
3. Decision to be made and time undertaken
4. Both 1 and 2 are correct
5 What type of evaluator would be best to conduct a summative evaluation?
1. External evaluator
2. Experimental evaluator
3. Internal evaluator
4. Qualitative evaluator
6 Which of the following is NOT a purpose for congruence analysis within the expert judgment phase of formative evaluation?
1. Gather data on learners’ achievement
2. Determine differences between intended instruction and implemented instruction
3. Judge adequacy of organizations’ resources for implementing instruction
4. Determine “fit” between organization and instruction
7 What is the purpose for the field trial phase of summative evaluation?
1. Compare resources available and needed
2. Determine the accuracy of the instruction
3. Judge the currency and completeness of the instruction
4. Judge the impact of the instruction on the organizationâ€™s problem
8 Which of the following is NOT part of a field trial summative evaluation? Determining the impact of the instruction on:
1. Target learners
2. The job
3. The organization
4. The revisions needed
9 Which of the following data gathering procedures are appropriate for the field trial phase of summative evaluation?
1. Achievement tests
3. Observation instruments
5. These are all appropriate
10 Select all of the following elements that should be included in a summative evaluation report to the organization.
1. Evaluation questions addressed in the study
2. Context information about organization and instruction
3. Phases of evaluation used and why
4. Data-based evaluation results for each question
5. Conclusions about instruction
6. Recommendations about the impact of the instruction on the learners, jobs, and organization