The Latino/Hispanic group is the only ethnic category counted separately by the United States Census. According to the U.S. Census, a Latino/Hispanic person can be of any race.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Research information about the racial and ethnic variability of the larger Latin American group using at least three outside professional peer reviewed or primary sources. Include research on statistics related to: language diversity and bilingualism among Latinos; religious diversity among Latinos; socioeconomic diversity among Latinos.
Write a 625- to 850-word paper organized with introduction, body, and conclusion paragraphs.
Discuss each of the following topics:
• When the “Hispanic” census category became official (the first time it was used in the United States Census) and how its definition has changed over time. Does this category include a broader set of nationalities today than on previous censuses?
• What racial diversity exists within the Latino/Hispanic group, as defined by the U.S. Census?
• How does a racial color gradient affect the status of individuals within the Latino group today (e.g. a Cuban American who is Black)?
• Why are Latinos/Hispanics considered to be a panethnic group. What are examples of ethnic subgroups that demonstrate the multicultural diversity of Latinos/Hispanics?
• Discuss variability within the Latino/Hispanic group in primary language preference and bilingualism based on the statistics you found.
• Discuss variability within the Latino/Hispanic group in religious affiliation based on the statistics you found.
• Discuss variability within the Latino/Hispanic group in socioeconomic status based on the statistics you found.
Cite and reference in APA style all sources of information used.
Format your paper consistent with appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Submit your paper to the Assignment Files tab.