Hightec Corporation has a seven-year contract with Magichip Company to supply 10,000 units of XT-12 at $5 per unit. Increases in materials and other costs since signing the contract two years ago make this product a cash drain to Hightec. As the manager of the subsidiary that manufactures and sells XT-12, you have discovered that a new machine, SP1000, has a higher productivity. The following is a summary of pertinent information: (For simplicity, assume that all revenues and expenses are received and paid at year-end.) The current machine can be sold for $3,000 today. Its salvage value will be $1,000 if the firm continues to use the machine for another five years. The new machine costs $100,000, will be depreciated over a five-year life, and will have a net disposal value of $5,000 in five years. The company’s after-tax cost of capital is 10 percent. If the company decides to keep the old machine, which is fully depreciated, production can continue with it for at least another five years. All machines are depreciated on a straight-line basis with no salvage value. (Assume, for simplicity, that MACRS depreciation rules do not apply.) The firm expects to continue to pay approximately 20 percent for both federal and state income taxes in the foreseeable future. At present the Magichip Company is the only user of XT-12. Required Compute: 1. The effects on the cash flow each year, including year 0, if the new machine is purchased. 2. The net present value (NPV) of the
GET TO KNOW US
Custom Paper Writing is the fastest, easiest-to-use, and most reliable way to have custom-written paper by experts. Our custom-written papers are for research purposes. Therefore, using our writing services is legal and not prohibited by any university/college policies anywhere in the world.
We accept major payment methods.
+1 (940) 305-2632
- A student notifies you that she has been subjected to bullying...August 28, 2021 - 8:19 am
- Education and FundingAugust 30, 2021 - 1:55 pm
- You are an external contract HR generalist serving a small...August 30, 2021 - 1:59 pm
- Defining a challenge and identifying potential remedies...August 30, 2021 - 2:00 pm
- Competency In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery...October 29, 2023 - 6:17 am
- Step 1: Summarize the podcast in your own words in no more...October 29, 2023 - 5:24 am
- Write a minimum of 100 words for each question without typos...October 29, 2023 - 5:22 am
- Please respond to a minimum of 2 peers. Include in your...October 29, 2023 - 4:46 am