You Decide Page 1
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
As outlined in the lecture this week, an incubator is a large firm that nurtures many companies and invests in business ideas. Incubators provide support in many ways and you would like to submit your idea to Rollins Incubator, Inc. in order to benefit from their management and financial support.
You are an entrepreneur that wants to be funded by Rollins Incubator, Inc. You have an outstanding idea that needs funding and you feel that bringing your idea to an incubator would increase your chances of success.
You have contacted the Janet Rodgers, Vice President of Business Development of Rollins Incubator, Inc., and she told you that you will have 5 minutes with the Michael Rollins, the CEO of Rollins Incubator, Inc.
Develop a 12-slide PowerPoint presentation to pitch your idea to Mr. Rollins. Your slideshow must be succinct, compelling, and should include the following elements.
- Slide 1: State your company name and motto, with a tagline and a date.
- Slide 2: Review business proposition, what will your business create?
- Slide 4: Share your objective, how much money do you need, and why you are here?
- Slide 3: Review technology platforms you intend to use.
- Slide 5: Provide current market review; detail the market; how big is the market?
- Slide 6: Provide forecast for current market.
- Slide 7: Market competition, who do you sell the product to and how big is that market?
- Slide 8: Review business model drivers, what makes you unique from the competition?
- Slide 9: Review potential risks.
- Slide 10: Review the management team with whom you will partner, including yourself.
- Slide 11: Financials; basic revenues and costs, and profits in a 3 to 5 year term.
- Slide 12: Amount of money needed to fund your idea, with a basic breakdown of where the money will go.
Be sure to use the Notes section of the PowerPoint to highlight your presentation information. Keep these notes succinct as well.
You Decide Page 2
Janet Rodgers, VP Business Development, Rollins Incubator, Inc.
I have secured a 5 minute block for you to pitch your idea to Mr. Rollins, the CEO. I have seen many of these presentations, so here are some tips to help you out.
Keep your presentation short and sweet. You only have a few minutes to impress him, so get to your idea quickly. Here is the format I see that works best.
State your company name and motto, with a tagline and a date.
Then tell us your objective. In other words, how much money do you need and why you are here?
And, what is your business proposition and your target market? Have you considered your competition? And what are the risks?
Lastly, be sure to include financial statements with basic revenues and costs, and donâ€™t forget to include how much money you are asking for!
You have a lot of work to do, and good luck!
Michael Rollins, CEO – Rollins Incubator, Inc.
I heard that Janet gave you some helpful tips for your upcoming presentation.
I just want to make sure that you understand to keep your presentation short and succinct. I only have a few minutes and I see many presentations. Be sure that your idea is compelling and clearly stated, and that your slides are easy to read. Iâ€™m sure Janet explained my 12 slide rule.
I look forward to your presentation!