In this Assignment, you will create two lesson plans that address the integration of content areas and learning domains through a theme based approach.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
This Assignment has two parts. The first is the selection of an age appropriate, meaningful topic: one that represents both the interests of the children and the educational goals of the curriculum. Consider that long-term engagement in multi-sensory experiences is essential to a good topic selection. Please use the Unit 8 APA Template found in Course Documents.
The second is writing two lesson plans for the identified topic, each plan representing a different domain of the Children’s Comprehensive Curriculum model.
Select a topic to use as the focus of your lesson plans. The topic should be one that is of interest to children: something in their everyday experience that invites exploration. It should also be a topic that fits with learning standards created by government or professional organizations.
Write 2 Lesson Plans each based on a different domain from the Children’s Comprehensive Curriculum model. Each lesson plan, though from a separate domain, will be focused on the same topic. The domains are:
- The Aesthetic Domain
- The Affective Domain
- The Cognitive Domain
- The Language Domain
- The Physical Domain
- The Social Domain
Your lesson plan must be presented in the template provided. Two plans from two different domains; both focused on the same topic. Note: There are examples in Appendix A of your text Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum, 5th ed., pp. 488–494, however they are not presented in the same template form you will be using.
Your project should include a one page introduction (150–300 words) in your project naming and supporting the topic as a good selection. Then, integrate the topic into two separate lesson plans presented in the provided template (1 page each), written in Standard American English, in a 12-point font size (Arial or Times New Roman) with one-inch margins and APA style citations. Include a title page and a reference page (but these are not included in the three page requirement). Be sure to do a spelling and grammar check of your work. For help with citations/references please refer to the APA Quick Reference Guide under Course Resources and also visit the Writing Center.
Writing Requirements and Guidelines:
Your Assignment should include:
- Cover page
- Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and unit number, and date
- Complete the Unit 8 Template, including at least 2–3 sentences addressing each topic
- Describe 4 topics that can best help address diversity in an art center
- Reference list
- Sources in APA format
- You must use your text and two additional sources
- Complete Unit 8 Template
- Times New Roman 12 point font, Double-spaced
- Written adhering to the guidelines of Standard American English. This means that your thoughts should be well-organized, logical, and unified as well as original with the viewpoint and purpose clearly established and sustained. Standard American English guidelines also include the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Written in APA Formatting and Citation style