Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Art Gallery: Principles of Design
For Unit IV of your art gallery presentation, you will be adding descriptions of the principles of design you observe in the artworks you placed in your art gallery. The purpose of this unit assignment is to demonstrate that you can apply what you learned about design principles to your gallery artworks.
- Begin by reviewing your Unit III feedback and making any necessary revisions to the descriptions of the visual elements.
- Next, research the design elements in Chapter 4 of your textbook.
- Place the Design Principles slide directly after the Visual Elements slide describing each artwork.
- Provide a detailed description of the design principles in each artwork, using full and complete sentences. For design principles, make sure you describe how the artist used most or all of the ones in Chapter 4: unity and variety, balance, emphasis, directional forces, contrast, repetition and rhythm, and scale and proportion. Questions to consider are included below:
- Unity: what elements work together to make a harmonious whole?
- Variety: What creates diversity?
- Balance: Is it symmetrical or asymmetrical?
- Emphasis: What is the focal point?
- Directional forces: What are the paths for the eye to follow?
- Contrast: Where do you see contrasting elements in the artwork?
- Repetition and rhythm: Is an element repeated?
- Scale and proportion: Are the objects in proportion to each other?
- You do not need to cite a source if it is your observation. Only cite a source if you are using information that someone published. Be sure to use APA formatting for all outside sources.
- Please submit your full presentation thus far, which should include the previous updated segments and the segment for this unit.
- This segment must include a minimum of five PowerPoint slides.
To access the art gallery template, an example presentation, and other PowerPoint resources, click on the “Course Resources” link in the course menu bar of Blackboard.
Art Gallery: Background
For Unit VI of your art gallery presentation, you will be adding a written description of the background information on your artworks to your PowerPoint presentation.
Be sure to review your Unit V feedback and make any necessary revisions. Next, research the background and details of your artworks using your textbook, the course content, and the CSU Online Library.
For this segment, use the slides in the art gallery template labeled “Background.” You will need one for each artwork. You may include more than one idea on each slide, but please do not overload the slides with information. Be sure to address the following:
- Describe the time period of the artwork.
- Include information on the artist of the artworks.
- Include facts that relate to your selected art pieces. For example, if your artwork depicts a war, it may be helpful to give information about that war.
Be sure to use APA format during this assignment. It is important to give credit to the source that provided your information. At the end of a sentence where you have information from a source, add a citation. The citation should consist of the author or authors’ last name(s) and the year of publication. For our textbook, it would be (Frank, 2014). If it is a quotation, add a page or paragraph number. For example, a quote from your textbook would look like this: (Frank, 2014, p. 119). Place the full reference for the source on the References slide at the end.
Please submit your full presentation thus far, which should include the five artworks and the description of their visual elements, design principles, the art criticism theories, and the segment for