Write a 5–6-page paper (plus title and introductory pages) organized by the following sections. Use the bold headings that follow the title page and introduction descriptions as section headers.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Title page: Give your paper a title that reflects the purpose of your work.
Introduction: For the introduction section of your paper, include the title at the top of the first page and begin your introduction two spaces beneath your title. (In APA format, the word introduction is not used as a heading.) Briefly explain the focus of your paper and the grade level you are examining.
- Summarize the key points discussed with the administrator, and what he or she looks for in the school counseling program.
- Describe how the administrator views the role of the school counselor and the ASCA Model.
- Identify potential challenges in collaborating with administration from the interview and research in this area.
- Plan strategies for effective communication and building relationships with administrators during your first few weeks based on information gathered from the interview and readings.
Working With Special Education Staff
- Summarize the key points from your interview with a special education staff member.
- Identify the needs of special education personnel from the school counselor.
- Explain the role of RTI in your site and how RTI has changed special education services.
- Describe the role of the school counselor in RTI according to your interview and research.
- Plan strategies for effective communication and building relationships with special education faculty during your first few weeks, based on information you gathered from the interview and readings.
- How will this working relationship benefit student achievement?
Working with General Education Teachers
- Summarize the key points from your interview with a general education teacher.
- What does the general education teacher look for from the school counselor?
- Discuss the classroom behavioral management and if it was consistent with the schoolwide behavioral interventions discussion by the administration.
- Based on information you gathered from the interview and readings, plan strategies for effective communication and building relationships with faculty during your first few weeks.
- Explain how this working relationship will benefit student achievement.
Site Supervision and Schoolwide Programming
- Observe how your site supervisor characterizes working relationships with administration and faculty.
- Note if the leadership is shared between the administration and the school counselor.
- Comment on your site supervisor’s interaction with students and parents.
- Describe how the school counselor collaborates with parents to improve student achievement.
- Identify ethical issues encountered by the site supervisor and describe how he or she applied ASCA or ACA code of ethics to resolve them. Would you apply the same standards to the issue? Why or why not?
- Cite examples of situations where seeking supervision or referring students to other services would be appropriate, based on what you have learned in this practicum. Explain.
- Describe the importance of multicultural competencies and how biases affect student achievement.
- Describe strategies to reduce biases with diverse populations.
- Identify strategies used by the faculty, administration, and staff to build a sense of belonging for all students and their parents or guardians.
- Explain how this is communicated to students. Describe the open house or classroom open house that you observed.
- Strategize how you will create a sense of belonging for all students and their parents or guardians when you are practicing as a professional school counselor.
- Reference research and use proper citations to support your ideas.
- Describe three goals for the first two months of employment as a Professional School Counselor.
- Identify your theme for classroom units you will use for the first two months of school as a professional school counselor. How do you anticipate this impacting the school year?
- Explain how you will build a collaborative relationship with the students, faculty, administration, parents, and guardians during the first few weeks?
- Briefly summarize what you learned from this project.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: This paper must be written in third person and free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA style: Comply with current edition APA style and formatting. Use APA Style Central for guidance in citing sources and formatting your paper in proper APA style. See the APA Style and Format section of the Writing Center for instructions on accessing and using APA Style Central.
- Number of resources: Paper uses a minimum of three academic resources.
- Length of paper: Submission includes 5–6 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding cover page and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 points.
I have been doing my fieldwork at a high school. Other notes will be sent.