Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assignment 1: Crime Scene Investigation
Due Week 3 and worth 160 points
investigations do not necessarily yield enough information to prosecute
a criminal case. Despite a thorough preliminary investigation, many
cases require a follow – up investigation. Use your textbook, the
Internet, and / or Strayer Library to research articles on crime scene
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Assemble a set of guidelines on conducting preliminary investigation for a criminal case.
one (1) strategy that criminal investigators should take in order to
conduct an efficient follow-up investigation. Provide a rationale to
support your response.
- Select two major crimes (e.g. sudden
deaths, sex related crimes) and compare and contrast the key differences
in reporting the two major crimes that you selected.
the three (3) most important characteristics of an effective criminal
investigator and discuss the importance of each characteristic you
- Support or critique the argument that the criminal
investigation process should maintain the balance regarding freedom of
information through media outlets and privacy rights of alleged
perpetrators of crime. Provide a rationale to support your response.
at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note:
Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not qualify as academic
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the major components of and responsibilities involved in the investigative process.
- Recommend improvements to the criminal investigation process in selected areas.
- Describe the procedures for the preparation of field notes and the documentation of a crime scene.
- Use technology and information resources to conduct research in the criminal investigation process.
- Write clearly and concisely about the criminal investigation process using proper writing mechanics.
for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic /
organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.