- Develop a 3–4 page research paper based on a selected case study related to understanding sexuality in ourselves and our relationships.It is useful to explore practical information about maintaining healthy, effective relationships, whether or not they involve sexual interactions. Understanding the communication process and how complex it may become is vital, since both the sender and receiver have complicated interpretive systems through which any message is filtered.It is thought that patterns of sexual orientation and behavior develop through the interaction of many factors: biological, social, cultural, and psychological. The process is called psychosexual development. Our society sends many powerful and contradictory messages about sexuality. Those messages focus heavily on either encouraging or discouraging sexual activity. Rarely do those messages acknowledge the pleasure component to healthy sexual expression, choosing instead to strongly present messages of risk and negative outcomes.Questions to ConsiderAs you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.SHOW MORE
Toggle DrawerResourcesAPA ResourcesBecause this is a psychology course, you need to format this assessment according to APA guidelines. Additional resources about APA can be found in the Research Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom. Use the resources to guide your work as needed.
American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Available from the
- APA Paper Template [DOCX].
- Required ResourcesThe following resource is required to complete the assessment.
- Human Sexuality Case Studies: Understanding Sexuality in Ourselves and in Our Relationships | Transcript.
- SHOW MORE
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Assessment InstructionsDevelop a light research paper based on case studies provided in the
Human Sexuality Case Studies: Understanding Sexuality in Ourselves and in Our Relationships
interactive media piece (linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading). Read the case studies and select one on which to base your paper. Try to choose the case study that you feel best applies to the requirements for your paper, which are provided in the instructions below.Use your selected case study to write a 3–4 page paper in which you complete the following:
- Identify and describe a concept (or concepts) and the general perspective or approach to human sexuality that the concept falls under (such as gender theories, instinct theory, psychodynamic, or developmental) using correct terminology from the course. If the concept or perspective is closely associated with the writings of a particular theorist (such as Freud, Kinsey, Masters and Johnson, and so on), then provide that information. Explain how the concept fits the case study.
- Select a minimum of two scholarly sources that support your explanation of how the concept fits the case study. Connect what you have learned in your research by integrating and combining information from your source articles with the case study.
- Examine and explain how ethical standards guide professional behavior as they relate to the issues and concepts identified in the selected human sexuality case study. You must state the specific ethical standard that relates to the topic or issue highlighted in the case study and explain how this ethical standard guides professional behavior.
- Note: Do not restate the case study within your paper; you should only identify and refer to the selected case study as needed to illustrate your points.Your paper should follow a logical structure and be evidence based. Use the MEAL plan to help guide the organization of your paper.
Present the main point or idea that you are making about your chosen concept related to sexuality and relationships.
What does the research say? Support your statements with evidence from the literature.
Summarize the main ideas from articles related to your chosen case study. Apply concepts that relate directly or indirectly to your main point. Make explicit links between source articles and your paper.
Integrate and combine information from your source articles with your main point or idea.
- Conduct independent research for resources and references to support your paper. Provide a reference list and in-text citations, in APA format, for all of your resources. You may cite texts and authors from the suggested resources as well as any additional reputable resources you find on your own.Additional Requirements:
Ensure that your writing is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
Format resources and in-text citations according to current APA style.
Number of Resources:
Use a minimum of two scholarly resources.
The research paper should be 3–4 pages in content length. Include a separate title page and a separate references page.
Font and Font Size:
Times New Roman, 12 point, double-spaced. Use Microsoft Word.
You may choose to save this learning activity to your ePortfolio.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now