This week as you are reading in your text about the news I’d like you to watch a 1/2 hour local newscast, a 1/2 hour national newscast, and a 1/2 hour of cable news. That’s a total of 90 min of news. I’d like you to analyze the newscast.
Please give the name of each newscast, channel, time and date you watched.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Then proceed to answer each of the following questions about each newscast.
1. Was there a bias or opinion in the reporting or was it strictly factual? Explain and give specific examples.
2. Were there obvious questions a viewer might have about a story that went unanswered.
3. Were any stories sensationalized (media hype)?
4. Did you see any examples of fear tactics being used to entice viewership or scare the viewer unnecessarily? Meaning the information is not necessarily factual. Think back to the article you read called”The Media Scares Us and We Like It.”
5. What newscast did you enjoy most (local, national, or cable)
Just in case you need help knowing the difference local news is something like NBC 7 San Diego. National news is like CBS World News Tonight. Cable news would include FOX, MSNBC, CNN etc…