During his inaugural address in 1801, Thomas Jefferson said: What more is necessary to make us a happy and prosperous people? Still one thing more, fellow-citizens—a wise and frugal Government, which
Do you need academic writing help with your homework? Let us write your papers.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
During his inaugural address in 1801, Thomas Jefferson said:
What more is necessary to make us a happy and prosperous people? Still one thing more, fellow-citizens—a wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvements and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned.
Answer the following questions and provide support for your answer using the text or your own research:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. What do you think that Jefferson meant by the phrase “shall restrain men from injuring one another?”
2. Was Thomas Jefferson solely referring to thugs who physically brutalize fellow citizens or could he have been referring to citizens who sought to poison others? Could pollution be considered a poison? Is restraining “poisoners” a role of government? Explain.
3. If a company or individual releases a pollutant into the air or water, should the government restrain that company or individual? Are regulations needed to restrain companies and individuals from releasing pollutants into the environment? Explain.
Assignment Submission Instructions:
After completing the reading assignment for this session, complete the Session 3 Activity
1. Click on the “Session 3 Activity” link above. The activity will download directly to your computer as a Word document.
2. Complete all parts of this activity by directly typing your answers onto the Word document (i.e., fill in the table and answer the questions).
Save the completed Word doc