Eng 1301 essay 5
The Power of Words
(should not exceed 6 words)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Intro (1 para, 5-10):
· Source of image – pinterest.com or our course in eCampus (if mentioning website name, book name or magazine name, name should be in italics)
· State why you chose the image – because verbal child abuse is a very serious problem in our society and people need to pay attention to it
· Thesis (last sentence of the intro) – The primary message of the image is that we need to be careful with the words we use.
The primary message of the image is that our words can have a powerful effect, especially on children.
Body (at least 3 paras, each one 5-18 lines):
[no personal experience in body paras]
BP1 – detailed description of the image
BP2 – characters: two of them (boy and the hand); approx.age of the boy, race/culture; who I think the hand is; emotion: sadness, fear, anger, arrogance (explain why/how); ethics: what is happening to him is unethical (explain why); angle: front view (explain why important)
BP3 – symbols: his age, no shirt, grabbing him by the throat (explain what each one symbolizes); focus/emphasis: the boy’s head and why that’s important; background: plain background and significance of that; caption: explain what “power” means; contrast: what childhood should be like and what his childhood is like
BP4 – changes to the image: add more children (gender/ age/race) and make all words on the hand clear
Conclusion (1 para, 5-10):
· Importance to society – children are the future (explain)
· Importance for me – reminder to be careful with words
· Easier to communicate through words because less chances of misinterpretation