Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The first of six steps of performance management consists of goal setting, as detailed in Chapter Three. Assume that you work for the Los Angeles Tribune, a large but struggling newspaper publisher with distribution throughout the Los Angeles region. Various problems have arisen that need to be addressed:
- The cost of paper is rising
- The cost of distribution is rising
- Circulation revenue is down
- Advertising revenue is down, largely due to free online listings offered by Craigslist and other online advertising services
- Customers are largely in the 40+ age range
- The current number of employees cannot continue to be supported if revenue continues to shrink
You have been selected by the CEO to construct a goal-setting framework that focuses on three of the six issues above. In your APA formatted two- to three-page paper, include a goal statement for each of the three issues you’ve chosen and describe the corresponding strategies, tactics, activities, measures of success, and goal measurements you recommend. Support each with your rationale, citing the textbook as necessary, and be sure to provide specific examples within the activities section. In addition to your two to three pages of written content, a title page and reference page are required.
For this assignment, it is possible to make reasonable assumptions regarding the organization’s economic situation and business climate. Be sure to specifically mention any such assumptions that you are making within your paper.
Focus of the Final Paper T is paper will be an application of the leadership practice concepts learned throughout your degree program to a real-world situation. In an eight- to ten-page paper, discuss one significant organizational challenge, within your organization or an organization you have researched. How did the leadership of the organization address the challenge? Could it have been done more effectively? How would you recommend future leaders strategically plan to avoid encountering a similar challenge within their own organizations? Provide suggestions for overcoming the challenge based on your own research and concepts presented in your degree program and grounded in leadership theory. Some challenges to consider would be (but are not limited to): an ethical challenge, a challenge occurring because of changes in the economy, a globalization challenge, or a challenge of organizational culture. Please request instructor approval of the challenge you would like to use as your focus before beginning your paper.
The Final Paper should, at minimum, include:
1. A description of the organization and its primary stakeholders. Include the vision and mission statement if they are available to the public, and the code of ethics if the company has one (if it is long, an excerpt or description is an acceptable alternative).
2. A detailed analysis of one challenge facing the leadership of the organization.
3. A strategy for overcoming the challenge based on outside research, the textbook, and concepts discussed during your degree studies.
Writing the Final Paper The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style, as outlined in your approved style guide.
2. Must include a cover page with:
o Title of Paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Name of paper
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
3. Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
6. Must use at least four scholarly sources to support your analysis and recommendations.
7. Must use APA style as outlined in your approved style guide to document all sources.
8. Must include, on the final page, a reference list that is completed according to APA style, as outlined in your approved style guide.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.