Google’s New Organizational Structure Preparation Review Five Elements of Organizational Structure. Your Assignment On August 10, 2015, Google announced plans for a new organizational structure that i
Do you need academic writing help with your homework? Let us write your papers.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Google’s New Organizational Structure
Review Five Elements of Organizational Structure.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
On August 10, 2015, Google announced plans for a new organizational structure that included the creation of a new holding company, Alphabet. First, read/watch the following video and articles to understand the reasons behind the reorganization:
- Larry’s Alphabet Letter
- Alphabet, Google’s New Parent, Is Born
- Google Mixes a New Name and Big Ideas
- Optional: At Google, Breathing Room for New Ideas
Next, answer the following questions based on what you just read and watched:
- Briefly summarize the organizational changes outlined in Google’s announcement.
- How does the new organizational structure (Alphabet) differ from the old structure along the five elements of organizational design? You are not required to discuss all five elements; focus on those that are most relevant.
- What benefits does Google (Alphabet) hope to achieve through its reorganization? How do its investors benefit?
- The new structure also has downsides. For example, why was Nest folded back into Google in 2018?
Optional: For an update on this story, read Google Management Shuffle Points to Retreat From Alphabet Experiment.