First, you should select a movie which is mythic; that is, it should NOT be a portrayal of an ancient Greek myth, but should be a story of a journey which follows the monomyth pattern. Such movies are too numerous to name, due to the fact that it is a familiar life pattern followed in so many films; this pattern rings true to human experience. A few obvious examples would include Star Wars, any Harry Potter film, Matrix, Aladdin, any of the Lord of the Rings films, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Wizard of Oz, any Indiana Jones, and so on. Sometimes the not-so-obvious examples make for more interesting essays.
Essay length: minimum of 5 paragraphs, but more may be necessary
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
A good pattern for a 5-paragraph essay would be:
- Introductory paragraph (including an overview of the monomythic pattern). Your introduction should briefly define Campbellâ€™s idea of the monomyth, and then the body of your essay should discuss in detail the elements of the monomyth that are present in the movie of your choice.
- Separation/initiation of the hero paragraph (with details)
- Trials of the hero paragraph (with details)
- Revelations/Transformations/Return of the hero paragraph (with details)
- Conclusion (perhaps applying this theory to wider applications)