By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Competency 1: Describe the historical development of the humanities from the pre-historic era to the present.
- Identify significant cultural developments from a variety of historical eras.
- Assess the influence of past expressions of the humanities on present-day life.
- Competency 2: Examine the forms of expression that instantiate the arts and humanities.
- Describe the forms of expression that instantiate the arts and humanities.
- Competency 3: Integrate the humanities with everyday life.
- Explain how the arts and humanities affect everyday life.
- Assess the role of philosophical, religious, and aesthetic values in everyday life.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively in forms appropriate to the humanities.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Throughout the session, you have been collecting examples of historical expressions of the humanities that continue to have an impact on our lives today. Now it is time to draw all of that together and draw some conclusions about the role of these experiences in your personal life.
Begin by compiling your list of interesting applications of the humanities. Do you notice any compelling themes here—are there any common themes, or persistent forms of expression, or especially vital historical periods among your choices? Think about what the items you selected say about who you are and what gives your life meaning.
Next, consider what difference noticing these things has made to your life. What have you discovered about your life as a result of taking this course? What might you do differently in the future as a way of enriching or expanding your interest in the humanities? How has study of the humanities transformed your life?
This essay will be an intensely personal one; make it a worthwhile exercise.
Refer to the Humanities in Life Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment.
You are required to submit your assignment to the Turnitin source matching tool.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length: 8–10 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.