Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You have been introduced to the major theories in the discipline of sociology. These theories include the structural functional, conflict, symbolic interaction, feminist and queer theory. Each theory has a specific premise, set of key terms and theorist associated with the development of the theory. These theories are the foundation for research and writing from a “sociological perspective.” The course will continue to apply specific theoretical paradigms to various social issues. This assignment will require you to begin the process of examining a social condition using one of the theories presented in your chapter readings.
Select one of the following theories in Sociology: Structural Functionalism, Conflict or Symbolic Interaction, Feminist Theory or Queer Theory and address the following items:
- What is the history of this theory?
- Select one early theorist associated with this theory and provide a brief biography of this social scientist.
- What is the underlying premise of the theory?
- What points do you find most interesting about this theory?
- Are there any elements of the theory that you find outdated for understanding society and social interaction today?
- Use this theory to explain a current social condition, problem or event in the news such as the increasing income gap, health insurance, the economy etc.
1. This assignment must be typed double-spaced in a standard 10-12 size font. The assignment should be 3 pages long.
This does not include your reference page.
2. Grammar is important and will be evaluated in this assignment.
3. Use 2-3 scholarly sources (not Wikipedia). Your textbook can be one of your sources.
4. Cite sources in the APA format.
5. Submit through safe assign for review.