Assignment 2: External and Internal Environments
Due Week 4 and worth 350 points
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
an industry you have not yet written about in this course, and one
publicly traded corporation within that industry. Research the company
on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange
Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml),
in the University’s online databases, and any other sources you can
find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help
address some of these questions.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
the two (2) segments of the general environment that would rank highest
in their influence on the corporation you chose. Assess how these
segments affect the corporation you chose and the industry in which it
- Considering the five (5) forces of competition,
choose the two (2) that you estimate are the most significant for the
corporation you chose. Evaluate how well the company has addressed these
two (2) forces in the recent past.
- With the same two (2)
forces in mind, predict what the company might do to improve its ability
to address these forces in the near future.
- Assess the
external threats affecting this corporation and the opportunities
available to the corporation. Give your opinions on how the corporation
should deal with the most serious threat and the greatest opportunity.
Justify your answer.
- Give your opinion on the corporation’s
greatest strengths and most significant weaknesses. Choose the strategy
or tactic the corporation should select to take maximum advantage of
its strengths, and the strategy or tactic the corporation should select
to fix its most significant weakness. Justify your choices.
- Determine the company’s resources, capabilities, and core competencies.
the company’s value chain to determine where they can create value
using the resources, capabilities, and core competencies discussed
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify how the six segments of the general environment affect an industry and its firms.
- Identify the five forces of competition.
- Analyze the external environment for opportunities and threats that impact the firm.
- Analyze the internal environment of a company for strengths and weaknesses that impact the firm’s competitiveness.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about business administration using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.