Select a health care organization in your community to conduct an
interview with an appropriate risk management employee. The organization
can be your current employer, or a different health care facility in
your community. Acute care, urgent care, large multi-provider private
medical clinics, assisted living facilities, and community/public health
clinical facilities are all ideal options to complete the requirements
of this assignment. Make sure to select an individual who can provide
sufficient information regarding how that organization manages risk
within its facility to answer the questions below.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In your interview, address the following:
- Identification of the challenges the organization faces in controlling infectious diseases.
- Risk management strategies used in the organization’s infection control program, along with specific examples.
- How the facility’s educational risk management program addresses key
professional issues, such as prevention of negligence, malpractice
litigation, and vicarious liability.
- Policies the facility has implemented that address managing emergency triage in high-risk areas of health care service delivery.
- Strategies the facility utilizes to monitor and maintain its risk management program.
Post-interview, compose a 750-1,000 word summary analysis of the
interview to include the questions above as well as the following
- A brief assessment of the organization’s risk management program,
including what works well and what could work better (the pros and
- Action steps you would take to improve the program. Select one area
and provide your rationale and possible steps required to implement your
Cite appropriate references as needed to support your statements and rationale.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA
Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to
beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for