In preparation for this discussion, read Chapters 4-6 from your Jossey-Bass reader, and the
Brain-(not) based education: Dangers of misunderstanding and misapplication of neuroscience research
- Alfernick and Farmer-Dougan (2010) discuss neuroscience based practices (Right vs. Left Brain instruction, Critical Periods, Brain-based education, and brain-compatible teaching). After reading the article, you will respond to the assigned discussion points/questions based on your last name and the corresponding topic.
My last name starts with D so you have to answer questions on bottom for left -right brain instruction
Last Name Starts With
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
A – E
Left-Right brain instruction
Using the above readings, answer the following three prompts:
- Define and explain the neuroscience based practice that corresponds to your last name.
- Discuss how this principle relates to special education and how it impacts learning in the classroom.
- Evaluate the premise of whether or not neuroscience based practices could be beneficial for special education classrooms.
- Explain your conclusion by referencing theory, research, and professional experiences.