Introduction: This assignment investigates the need for using literature in all interest and subject areas in the early childhood classroom.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
This assignment fulfills
- Module Outcome Three: You will have described classroom environments that are rich in literacy materials and support optimal literacy instruction.
- Course Outcome Six: You will have developed activities that support the development of literacy skills in developmentally apporpriate ways.
- General Education Competency One: You will have communicated effectively using the conventions of American Standard English in professional and academic environments.
Summarize this article from NAEYC.
NAEYC, 2003 “Information Books in Early Childhood” by Nell K Duke
The summary should answer the following three questions below. Each question must have an answer that is a minimum of 7 sentences. Please make sure you read the statement on Plagiarism. Also, do not copy and paste the article – that is plagiarism. TITLE MUST BE INCLUDED
1) What is the main focus of the article?
2) What are three strategies that are discussed in the article?
3) How will you implement (use) the strategies/ideas (from the article) when working with young children?
The summary is graded on a 100 point scale; it is worth 5% of your overall class grade.
Maximum points are given when length 3 paragraphs with each paragraph containing 7 sentences is met and content summarizes key strategies to use with young children and families.
20 points – Three paragraphs are included, each paragraph has a minimum of seven sentences
20 points – First paragraph summarizes the main focus of the article
30 points – Second paragraph summarizes three strategies from the article
20 points – Third paragraph gives specific strategies/ideas you will use when working with young children.
10 points – correct grammar and spelling are used.