Jean Kilbourne Argument Analysis
Do you need academic writing help with your homework? Let us write your papers.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Jean Kilbourne argues that “sex in advertising is pornographic because it dehumanizes and objectifies people, especially women” (417), shaping behaviors and identities for both sexes. For this paper, construct an account of Kilbourne’s argument. In your paper, explain Kilbourne’s opening claim: “Sex in advertising is more about disconnection and distance than connection and closeness” (417). Discuss how Kilbourne organizes the piece and how the structure influences the message of the text. Conclude your paper with a statement of significance. Why is this text significant?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Essay length: approx. 3-4 pages.
Successful papers will
1. introduce the topic, the paper’s project, and give some indication how the paper will proceed;
2. describe the author’s project and give an account of the author’s argument;
3. describe how Kilbourne organizes her text and how that influences what she has to say;
4. show the various aspects of the problem Kilbourne presents;
5. comment on how this article is significant–what difference it might make to readers;
6. use correct citation and format;
7. be thoroughly edited so that sentences are readable and appropriate for an academic paper.