Assignment Overview: This assignment will build off your SWOT analysis. As the Organizational
Development Manager (ODM) for the organization that you completed your
SWOT Analysis for, you act as a liaison and advisor to the
organization’s leadership, and begin initiatives within the
organization. You have been given the responsibility to create a team
(including yourself and five other members) to address a set of
strategic issues that this organization is facing, found within your
SWOT Analysis. Choose your team members based on the need of your SWOT
Analysis. For instance, if you reported a weakness as “long wait-time in
the ER,” it might be ideal to include an ER Nurse Manager on your team.
Propose and evaluate a set of strategies for the organization. You
should include at least 1 goal, 2-3 measurable objectives to support the
attainment of those goals, and 2-3 action items to complete the
objectives. The goal(s) are broader, the objectives have a number tied
to them to assess, and action steps have deliverables. You will be
presenting a PowerPoint (PPT) to the Board of Directors at your
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Use three cited sources from Required Reading
Berry, L., Mirabito, A., & Berwick, D. (2004). A health care agenda for business. Sloan Management Review, 45(4), pp. 56-64.
Betancourt, J. R., Green, A. R., Carrillo, J. E., &
Ananeh-Firmpong, O. (2003). Defining cultural competence: a practical
framework for addressing racial/ethnic disparities in health and health
care. Public Health Reports. 118(4), 293-302. doi: 10.1016/S0033-3549(04)50253-4
Brugha, R., & Varvasovszky, Z. (2000). Stakeholder analysis: a review. Health Policy and Planning, 15(3), 239-246.
Free Management E-Books. (2013). SWOT analysis. Retrieved from http://www.free-management-ebooks.com/dldebk-pdf/fme-swot-analysis.pdf
Gershon, H. J. (2003). Strategic positioning: Where does your organization stand? Journal of Healthcare Management, 48(1): 12-14. Retrieved from http://reach-newheights.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jhm48-1stm.pdf
Harrison, J. P. (2012). Chapter 5: Strategic palling and SWOT analysis. Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare. Retrieved from https://www.ache.org/pdf/secure/gifts/Harrison_Chapter5.pdf
Health Research & Educational Trust. (2013). Becoming a culturally competent health care organization. Retrieved from http://www.diversityconnection.org/diversityconnection/membership/Resource%20Center%20Docs/Equity%20of%20Care%20Report%20FINAL.pdf
Mickan, S. H. & Rodger, S. A. (2005). Effective health care
teams: A model of six characteristics developed from shared perceptions.
Journal of Intrerprofessional Care. 19(4), 358-370. doi: 10.1080/13561820500165142
Nagy, D. (2017). Lecture 3 – 1.3 Organizational Behavior. Retrieved from https://www.coursera.org/learn/fundamentals-of-management/lecture/RsxFf/1-3-organizational-behavior
- EXPECTATIONS: You are to create a PPT with at least 8 slides, not including the title or reference slides, that includes the following:
- Introduction that explains the purpose of the meeting and/or SWOT analysis.
- Titles of team members (i.e., ER Nurse Manager, In-Take Operations
Manager, etc.) and a short explanation for each member’s importance on
- One overarching goal. This goal should address most of the issues on your SWOT analysis, thus it can be broad.
- Two or three measurable objectives to support the attainment of the goal.
- Two or three items explaining your team’s plan of action.
- Conclusion that summarizes the information included in the PPT, and
an explanation that solidifies how your team will execute the goal
presented and resolve the strategic issues.
- Your slides should contain bullet points only. Most of your explanation should be provided in the speaker’s notes.
- Support your SLP with peer-reviewed articles and at least 2
references. One of the sources can be from your course readings. Use the
following link for additional information on how to recognize
peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/