Please read the following:
- Textbook Reading: Ch. 1, Section 1.4 “Strategy and Competitiveness” Operations and Supply Chain Management for MBAs Seventh Edition, Jack R Meredith and Scott M Shafer.
- Also see the attached by Michael Hammer.
Case: “Wyatt Earp – The Buffalo Hunter (F. Robert Jacobs, Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 1998)”
This short case discusses Wyatt Earp’s innovations in operations to hunt and hide buffalos. Issues discussed in this case touch upon process choice, capacity, quality control, compensation, work structuring, and organizational structure. As you read the case, please take some time to formally answer the following questions, though they will not be turned in for a grade. This exercise is to help you better explore the topic of strategic operations.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Compare Wyatt’s buffalo hunting to the approach used by the old-timers?
- What are the key elements of business success from an operations perspective?
- Relate these ideas to Wyatt’s approach. Were the buffalo hunters irresponsible in killing off the great buffalo herds as they did?