Reflect upon and respond to the following:
You spend hours creating what you believe to be the ‘perfect’ writing activity for your students. You are very excited to present the activity to your students; however, when you deliver the lesson, you find that students are disinterested in the topic and find the assignment extremely difficult. You don’t want to scrap the activity because you devoted a lot of time into its creation and it is relevant to the lesson topic.
How do you adapt the lesson to the students in the current scenario? How do you go about modifying the lesson for next year’s students?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your paper should be at least 500 words and personalize it, including real class examples from your experience.
1. McKnight, K.S. (2014). Common Core literacy strategies for ELA, history/social studies, and the humanities, grades 6-12: Strategies to deepen content knowledge (grades 6-12). Retrieved from eBook Central (accessed through LIRN). If you are having trouble accessing eBook Central resources, please review the instructions: Finding a chapter in eBook Central Academic.
- Read chapters 7 & 8 (page 153-171) which focus on using technology in your activities and ensuring that you are using activities that prepare students for the future.
2. Parlin, R.L. (2009). Classroom teacher’s survival guide: Practical strategies, management techniques, and reproducibles for new and experienced teachers. Retrieved from eBook Central (accessed through LIRN). If you are having trouble accessing eBook Central resources, please review the instructions: Finding a chapter in eBook Central Academic.
- Read chapters 4 and 5 (pages 134-240) which provide multiple examples of activities to use in your lessons.
3. Ullman, E. (2011). How to plan effective lessons. ASCD Education Update, 53 (10). http://www.ascd.org/publications/newsletters/education-update/oct11/vol53/num10/How-To-Plan-Effective-Lessons.aspx
- This article outlines the different aspects to consider when creating an effective lesson for your students.