analyze and report on a section/bureau/division in a criminal justice agency. The focus of the analysis is to examine the manner in which the section/bureau/division influences agency operations. Examples include Human Resources Section, Records Division, Office of Legal Affairs, Internal Affairs and/or Professional Standards, Labor Relations Office, Budget Section for the ABC County Sheriff’s Office or the DEF Juvenile Detention Center.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Synthesize, analyze, and evaluate information carefully and objectively, solve problems effectively, present your ideas in clear written form directed to a specific audience, in this case, your class.
- Select the agency and section/bureau/division in which you are interested.
- Gather materials from the agency, such as organization charts, annual reports, and budgets.
- Interview persons working in the section about their job(s).
- Observe the activities in the section.
- Describe the structure, practice, and procedures of the agency and of the section you plan to analyze.
- Describe the procedures you will use to conduct your study including interviewing some people who work in the section.
- Compare similar agencies.
- Describe the results of your study.
- Make conclusions about your findings, including the positive and negative aspects you discovered.
paper must include:
- A cover page
- Methodology section
- Reference page
- Appendix which might include a summary of your interview(s) and organization charts of your agency and your section
The text of this paper should be at least 2,000 words or eight pages typewritten or computer-generated, not counting the cover page, reference pages, and appendices. Demonstrate the understand of the terminology and the concepts used in the section of the agency studied and that you know how to apply these concepts. You must demonstrate that you can synthesize, analyze, and evaluate information. You must correctly use APA format in source citation both in the body of the paper and in the reference page.
The paper must be submitted using the Submission Link no later than the end of Unit 7 Sunday by midnight.
PowerPoint part of Research Paper requirement – Unit 8
Your presentation will be a PowerPoint presentation placed within the first two days of Unit 8 into the Discussion thread.
Presentation should have key issues and major points of your paper. Make it interesting. Other people will be reviewing your material and making comments in the discussion thread.