NOTE: THE ARTICLE IS ATTACHED AND I NEED A CRITIQUE WITH HIGHLIGHTED OF ALL STEPS ANSWERED.
Your critique should include the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Describe the problem as it is presented in the study.
- State the purpose of the research.
- Have the investigators placed the study problem within the context of existing nursing or healthcare knowledge?
- Will the study solve a problem relevant to nursing?
Review of the Literature (may be part of the author’s introduction or conclusion)
- Identify the concepts explored in the literature review.
- Are the references current in relation to the publication date of the study? If not, what are the possible reasons for using older sources?
- Do the authors identify their overall assumptions or a theoretical framework for the study? Are these assumptions appropriate for the study?
- Does the research draw only on nursing theory, or does it draw on theory from other disciplines?
- If a formal theory is not identified, suggest one (preferably a nursing theory) that might be suitable for the study. Various nursing theories can be found at http://www.nursing-theory.org/theories-and-models/
- What is the research question or the hypothesis? Is it clearly stated or implied?
- What are the independent and dependent variables in the hypothesis or research question?
- Are the variables clearly defined so that the reader understands the researchersâ€™ interpretation of the variables?
- Is the dependent variable concrete and measurable?
- What type of design (quantitative, qualitative) was used in this study?
- Was inductive or deductive reasoning used in this study?
- State the sample size and study population, sampling method, and study setting.
- Did the investigator choose a probability or non-probability sample?
- Describe how the independent variable was tested or surveyed in the study.
- Describe how the dependent variable was measured.
- Discuss the reliability and the validity (quantitative) or the credibility (qualitative) of the measurement tools.
- How were ethical considerations addressed? What ethical considerations were necessary for this type of study?
- What data analysis method was used?
- How were the results in the study presented to the reader?
- Discuss at least one (1) finding from the authorsâ€™ results and relate it to the dependent variable of the study.
Summary/Conclusions, Implications, and Recommendations
- What are strengths and limitations of the study other than those stated by the authors?
- Can the researcher generalize the findings to other populations? Explain.
- What is the significance of the findings and conclusions for you in your personal nursing practice? For nursing as a profession?