Initial Post 1:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Virtualization: Virtualization represents a technology platform used for the creation of virtual instances of IT resources. A layer of virtualization software allows physical IT resources to provide multiple virtual images of themselves so that their underlying processing capabilities can be shared by multiple users. Prior to the advent of virtualization technologies, software was limited to residing on and being coupled with static hardware environments. The virtualization process severs this software-hardware dependency, as hardware requirements can be simulated by emulation software running in virtualized environments. Established virtualization technologies can be traced to several cloud characteristics and cloud computing mechanisms, having inspired many of their core features. As cloud computing evolved, a generation of modern virtualization technologies emerged to overcome the performance, reliability, and scalability limitations of traditional virtualization platforms(( Erl, Puttini & Mahmood, 2013)).“Cloud computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction. This cloud model is composed of five essential characteristics, three service models, and four deployment models.” (NIST, 2011) All software, information, and resources are located on a provider’s server that sits on a network far away. These services are provided to your computer, and other devices, on demand. Most cloud computing services are so quick and easy to use that you don’t even realize you are accessing software that’s not located on your computer’s hard drive.
Cloud computing: Cloud computing do for your company: Pay only for what you need, eliminate complex software installations, Access to enterprise-grade applications, respond to business changes quickly, try before you buy.
Benefits of Cloud Computing:
- It is accessible to all the users
- Using the cloud for applications is cost-efficient.
- Least the possibility of access failure due to non-dependency on a single machine
- Cloud provides you independence from machine access.
- URL will give you access to your infrastructure all the time. Real-time user access.
- Multiple users can access the same application and can work on it (Example – Google Doc)
- Cloud is reliable for Backup and recovery since data storage is not server specific.
- Cloud computing is the best platform to showcase your applications/software worldwide.
- Users can access your application & work on it using a single link. Flexibility to access it from anywhere makes it popular among users and service-providing industries
Benefits of Virtualization:
- Server virtualization is the top reason behind its success.IT industries setting up thousands of servers’ machines using a virtualization technique.
- Multiple applications can be installed on a single physical machine despite OS dependency.
- The setup cost is very low. Virtualization can be done on a Personal Computer. The desktop virtualization feature provides flexibility to virtualize the whole system by a single click.
- Virtual infrastructure works well with the low-speed network access
- Virtualization has reduced the cost of Hardware in the IT industry because the single server can serve as multiple machines.
- Virtualization is Plug & play service; Thousands of machines can be created and make available for use without taking much time.
- Virtualization software can virtualize the physical servers without taking much time.
Google: When you think of Google, virtualization might not make the top of the list of things that come to mind, but its Google Apps, App Engine and extensive Business Services list demonstrates how it has embraced cloud-oriented services.The company’s open source Google Ganeti cluster virtual server management software tool is built on top of existing virtualization technologies like Xen or KVM and essentially serves as a wrapper around these hypervisors to help system admins set up clusters.