Read the following essay, written by Antonio, a fourth-grade student.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The Bully in the Mirror
Antonio, 4th Grade
Mirror Mirror on the wall why must I be the
Bully that has to fall. I beat on kids around the school
The mirror told me it wasn’t cool. The mirror told me to change.
My ways I have beat up kids all by days. I have no friends.
It’s just not right. The mirror said cause you like to fight.
I am a bully how could this be. The mirror is starting to
Change me. Reflections are now flashing back to me.
Someone plant the seed inside of me. Now the mirror has
shown me poor. I’ll change my ways and start
new days the bully is no more part of me.
Any bully can changeImagine that you are Antonio’s teacher.
Antonio obviously wants to make a change. As a fourth grader, it is
almost impossible to do this alone. Therefore, he has handed this
writing piece to you, his teacher. Understanding that this
transformation involves far more than you and Antonio, you will devise a
plan to help him change his history and be a good person.
First, read the Kenny (2007) article and discuss how Antonio’s “looking
glass self” has been influenced by the agents of socialization. Be sure
to explain how this looking glass self is related to his “answerability”
and what role that has in his desire to change his behavior.
Next, devise a game plan for Antonio’s change:
- Share one lesson or activity that can be
completed with the whole class. The lesson or activity should focus on
the importance of awareness and bully prevention. Describe the lesson or
activity and how it will benefit the class as a whole.
- List one idea showing how the class can support
Antonio’s change. Explain how you would help your students support their
- List one strategy that you can help Antonio
implement in order for him to stay on the right path (e.g., literature, a
check list, or a change in routine).
- Provide one suggestion you would share with
Antonio’s parents, so that this change in behavior is a true partnership
between you (the teacher), the child, and the parents.
Use the information from your text and the Pacer’s National Bullying Prevention Center website to create your plan. You must include two scholarly sources in addition to the two given.
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length, not including title and reference pages.
- Must include at least two scholarly sources in addition to the text and required sources.
- Must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title and reference page formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must be well organized and reflect college-level writing.