Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Part 1 Tasks
In general terms, discuss how the following should be taken into consideration when constructing an investment portfolio:
- Debt level and assets
- Marital status
- Parental status
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon
- General economic conditions
Part 2 Tasks
Discuss the efficient market hypotheses, and answer the following question:
- Does this hypothesis support active trading or buying a passive stock index fund?
- Discuss several pieces of legislation that were enacted to protect against unethical investing practices.
To illustrate your knowledge of portfolio construction, design a portfolio based on the following scenario:
- Robert and Susan Jenkins have inherited $200,000. They are aggressive investors with a joint annual income of $100,000, no debt, and an additional $500,000 in assets other than the $200,000 inheritance.
Design 2 separate $200,000 portfolios based on the following scenarios:
- The couple has 3 children between the ages of 9 and 17 years old, and they will use this money to pay for their college education.
- The couple will use the money to help fund retirement in 35 years.
When designing your portfolios, be sure to keep the following in mind:
- Each portfolio should contain at least 3 common stocks, 1 American Depositary Receipt (ADR) that you researched, and 3 bonds.
- Leaving a portion of the portfolio in cash is an option if you feel that is it appropriate.
- Charts and graphs should be used where appropriate.
- Portfolio models should be based on the Jenkins’ demographic profile and time horizon.
Be sure to include the following in your discussion:
- Reasons for your investment choices
- Stock and bond investment risk and return factors
- The security market line
- Beta and standard deviation
- Bond duration and interest rates
Part 3 Tasks
Generate a brief discussion of the following concepts:
- Dividend discount model
- Capital asset pricing model (CAPM)