The careers that need to be researched are Substance Abuse Counselor/Therapist, and Behavior Therapy in the Tampa Florida area and any part of Georgia.
An undergraduate psychology degree provides you with some flexibility when selecting a career. The knowledge of how people think, develop, and behave, as well as the interpersonal skills gained from a BA in psychology may lead to work in the field, but also prepares you well for careers in the fields of public service, marketing, or management, among others. Because most professional careers in psychology require further education, those who do not wish to pursue graduate degrees may need to broaden the scope of careers they are willing to consider.
M1 Assignment 2
, you explored your career interests and identified three careers that seemed best suited for you. In this assignment, you will conduct a mock job search and report your findings using the “Job Search Data Bank” form.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Mock Job Search
Select one of the three careers you identified and discussed in
M1 Assignment 2
and conduct a job search for actual openings in your area. If you are willing to eventually relocate, you may choose openings elsewhere as well. You may choose to use at least one source or all of the following sources to find available positions in your chosen career of interest:
- Local newspaper ads (online or printed editions)
- Networking websites such as LinkedIn
- Networking with colleagues, peers, or other contacts
- Your state employment office
- Listings on professional organizations’ websites
Refer to the
document to find additional online sources relating to online job searches.
Job Search Data Bank
Download and review a copy of the
Job Search Data Bank template
. Provide the results of the mock job search you completed for this assignment by filling out the table in the template.
Begin by summarizing your career interests. Briefly describe what you concluded from
about the types of positions best suited to your career interests. For example, if you are most interested in a career as a psychologist, would you prefer to pursue a position in a clinic, a private practice, or a nonprofit organization? Would you prefer to specialize in working with children? Do you hope to have a research or teaching position instead?
List at least four positions you found during your job search. These four positions should match the interests you identified in
- Describe each position fully, providing as much of the available information as possible from the ads. Copy the ads and paste them into the table.
For each identified job opening, indicate the likelihood of your being eligible for the position upon graduating from college with a bachelor’s degree.
- If you would be ineligible, specify what additional training or education you would require to qualify for the position.
- Indicate whether you are willing to pursue that additional training or education.
- Describe the amount of time, the cost, and other resources you think you would need to invest to become qualified.
- Put the information in your own words. Place quotation marks around the portions you have quoted from the ads. Cite your sources using APA style in-text citations and a reference list in APA style below your table in the “Job Search Data Bank” template provided
The careers that need to be researched are Substance Abuse Counselor/Therapist, and Behavior Therapy in the Tampa Florida area and any part of Georgia. An undergraduate psychology degree provides you
Job Search Data Bank Name: _______________________________________ Summarize your career interests here. Describe the type of position that best suits your career interests. What type of workplace would you prefer (a clinic, a nonprofit organization, a hospital, etc.)? What population would you prefer to specialize in (children, families, adults, people who are severely mentally ill, etc.)? Would you prefer a teaching or a research position? Name of the Position Position Description and a Copy of the Advertisement Will You Be Qualified with a Bachelor’s Degree? (Yes or No) What Level of Training or Degree Is Required? Is Licensure Required? Are You Willing to Pursue the Required Education or Licensure? What Is the Estimated Cost for Completing the Required Education or Licensure? Page 0 of 1 Course Name (not number) ©2011 Argosy University Online Programs