The Gestalt Principle of Perception suggests that our brains like to organize information that we encounter, helping us make sense of what is in our world. We often place things that we see into patte
Do you need academic writing help with your homework? Let us write your papers.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
The Gestalt Principle of Perception suggests that our brains like to organize information that we encounter, helping us make sense of what is in our world. We often place things that we see into patterns or forms and is highly cultural – what we fit to form/pattern is associated with what we grew up with or interact with on a daily basis. In the marketing world, many psychological theories are utilized to help sell products and gain loyalty; this is also true with company logos. Companies will spends thousands of dollars to create a logo that is constructed with simple images, but when viewed as a whole the perception offers a different story.
- For this assignment, you will select one of the main principles: figure-ground, proximity, similarity, continuity, or closure. Using your own words, please define this principle.
- Then, you are to look through the newspaper, magazines, or the Internet to view a logo that matches the principle you have selected and defined. You will embed the image into your document.
- Please discuss how the image matches the Gestalt principle that you have identified, again using references to back up your thoughts and the principle at work.
- Do you think it works? Would you suggest something else? If so, provide what you think may look and work better and why.
- Assignment should be 2-3 paragraphs including discussion and questions, including APA references.