Instructions: In class we discussed three different means of persuasion (i.e., ethos, pathos, and logos). Effective public speakers are very strategic in their use of these tactics. Your task is to identify a specific public speaker’s use of ethos, pathos and logos. For this activity, you will need to consult unit 6, 7, 8.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Take a look at this TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/manoush_zomorodi_how_bor…
Based on the video that you just watched please answer the following questions:
- Please briefly define ethos
- Define the three dimensions (three C’s) of Credibility AND provide an example of each from the video.
- Please briefly define pathos
- Provide three examples of how the speaker appealed to the audiences’ and your emotions.
- Please briefly define logos
- Identify if the speaker used either a logical fallacy or a type of evidence (i.e., example, statistic, and/or testimonial). For this part focus on discussing either logical fallacies or the different types of evidence. Regarding logical fallacies, please provide the example of the fallacy the speaker was guilty of committing and why that example is evidence of a fallacy. Regarding types of evidence, provide an example of each type of evidence the speaker used.