To prepare for this assignment:
- Review the article, “Interpersonal Dynamics in a Simulated Prison.” Pay particular attention to the ethical standards followed in the Stanford Prison Experiment.
- Review the APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Think about which APA ethical standards might apply to the Stanford Prison Experiment and about what problems or conflicts might arise if these standards were applied.
- Consider whether this study could be conducted today under current ethical standards and why or why not.
- Keeping in mind the APA ethical standards you reviewed, notice if there are any ethical issues, problems, or flaws in the research study. If so, think about why they are issues, problems, or flaws.
The assignment (2–3 pages):
- Briefly describe each ethical issue, problem, or flaw you found in the Stanford Prison Experiment.
- Explain why you consider each to be an ethical issue, problem, or flaw.
- Explain whether the same research, if conducted today, would be considered ethical or unethical and why or why not.
- Justify your position citing specific APA ethical codes that apply.
Article: Haney, C., Banks, C., & Zimbardo, P. (1973). Interpersonal dynamics in a simulated prison. International Journal of Criminology and Penology, 1, 69–87. Retrieved from
Article: American Psychological Association. (2003). Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct. Retrieved from
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now