To successfully complete this assignment, you will need to:
- Chapter 11, “The Legal World, Prisoners’ Rights,” in your Corrections in the 21st Century textbook.
- This document, Summary of Inmate Rights [PDF].
Use the Strayer University Library to conduct research on the cases that awarded prisoners their basic constitutional rights.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- The B.S. in Criminal Justice library guide is a good place to start your research.
You may also find the CQ Supreme Court Collection database useful as you conduct your research.
- This brief Kaltura video, Finding Supreme Court Cases Relating to Specific Amendments, shows you how to search for cases by amendment.
Effective corrections personnel recognize that inmates, like other U.S. citizens, are people protected by various constitutional rights. Not only do they recognize that inmates have these rights, they are also knowledgeable about those rights they are responsible to protect.
In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to analyze inmates’ rights, the cases that afforded inmates those rights, and the impact inmate rights have on correctional administration.
After reviewing Chapter 11 of your textbook, the “Summary of Inmate Rights” document, and conducting research on inmates’ rights and the corresponding case law, write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Summarize inmates’ rights and the U.S. cases that awarded them those rights.
- Explain how inmates’ rights impact correctional administration.
Articulate your perspective about whether inmates have too many or too few rights.
- Be sure to include the rationale behind your perspective.
- Recommend, based on research and/or experience, additional rights to be afforded to inmates and those which should be removed.
Use three sources to support your writing.
- Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate.
- Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- Access the Strayer University Library or review library guides for help with research, writing, and