Unit 1: Homework Assignment
- From a Christian worldview, and incorporating the assigned scripture, what does it mean to be ethical in business dealings and corporate governance?
- What is the balance sheet identity? Discuss the book value of a firm versus its market value. What is meant by financial leverage? What is the definition of a noncash item and describe one noncash item on the income statement?
- What is the income statement? The EPS? The net operating income? Discuss other major items on an income statement?
- BU, Inc. has current assets of $6,050, net fixed assets of $24,750, long-term debt of $11,400, and current liabilities of $4500. What is the value of the shareholders’ equity account for the firm? What is the networking capital?
- Salty Chips has sales of $862,000, operating costs of $85,000, depreciation expense of $41,000, interest expense of $40,500 and a tax rate of 20%. What is the net income? What if the firm paid out $125,000 in cash dividends? What is the addition to retained earnings?
Sales $11,573 $12,936
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Depreciation 1661 1736
Cost of goods sold 3979 4707
Other Expenses 946 824
Interest Expense 776 926
Cash 6067 6466
Accounts Receivables 8034 9427
Short-term Notes Payable 1171 1147
Long-term debt 20,320 24,696
Net fixed assets 50,888 54,273
Accounts Payable 4,384 4,644
Tax rate 34% 34%
Inventory 14,283 15,288
Payout ratio 33% 33%
3. Create the Income Statement and Balance Sheet for 2020.