Week 1 Assignment – Introduction to Project Management Tools ActivityOverview The purpose of this activity is to expose you to the Microsoft Project tool for the purpose of developing a project plan a
Do you need academic writing help with your homework? Let us write your papers.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Week 1 Assignment – Introduction to Project Management Tools ActivityOverview
The purpose of this activity is to expose you to the Microsoft Project tool for the purpose of developing a project plan and Gantt chart for a hypothetical 30-day hobby project of your choice. Examples include building a deck, painting the garage, or planting a vegetable garden. Completing this activity will help to jump start your successful completion of the project deliverables throughout the course.
This activity consists of two parts:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Part 1: Project Introduction, or Project Plan
You will write a 3–5-page document outlining the project specifics, such as its key objectives and scope, functional and technical requirements, key components, etc.
Part 2: Gantt Chart
You will use Microsoft Project to create a Gantt chart for your hobby project. Download Microsoft Project to your computer if you don’t already have it installed and familiarize yourself with its features.
- Note: Microsoft Project is available at no cost to Strayer University students. For more information, refer to the left-hand menu option titled “Microsoft Azure for Education.” This information is also available via iCampus
- You are to create or assume all necessary assumptions to successfully complete this activity.
- You must submit both parts as separate files to the assignment area. Label each file name according to the appropriate part.
InstructionsPart 1: Project Introduction or Project Plan
Write a 3–5-page project plan in which you:
- Document the hobby project’s key objectives and scope.
- Develop the hobby project’s functional and technical requirements.
- Design the hobby project’s components, including size, shape, and quality.
- Implement the project according to the chosen design and components.
Part 2: Gantt Chart
Use Microsoft Project to create a Gantt chart identifying the major and minor tasks, illustrating dependency relationships between activities.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for the project plan portion of your activity to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.