- Solve problem 56 on pages 666-667 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra.
56. Maximum profit. A chain store manager has been told by the main office that daily profit, P, is related to the number of clerks working that day, x, according to the function P = −25x2 + 300x. What number of clerks will maximize the profit, and what is the maximum possible profit?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Write a two- to three-page paper (not including the title page) that is formatted in APA style and according to the Math Writing Guide. Format your math work as shown in the example, and be concise in your reasoning. In the body of your essay, do the following:
- Refer to the graph you sketched for problem 56. Describe the basic shape of the graph and where it is located in the Cartesian plane. Describe what the graph represents.
- Demonstrate your solution for both the number of clerks that will maximize the profit as well as the total maximum profit possible, making sure to include all mathematical work and an explanation for each step.
- Analyze why this information is important for managers to know, and explain what could happen if the ideal conditions were not met.