– 8 pages total
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
– Include 5 or more quotes from the included sources (CITATION IS NEEDED AFTER EVERY USE OF SOURCE, QUOTE OR SUMMARY) if page number is not clear you can use file name
– All sources provided
– 12pt font
– Times New Roman
– NO OUTSIDE SOURCES ARE ALLOWED
Select ONE of the following literary works: The Trickster of Seville or Fuente Ovejuna.
Answer the following questions:
1. Provide a very short summary of the plot (no more than half a page).
2. Tell me what are the salient themes of the literary work.
3. Analyze two or three of these themes and explain how do they reflect the culture, values, politics, social and economic structures of early modern Spain. You are using these texts as primary sources. Therefore, your use of them should answer the question: What do they tell you about the history of Spain?
4. Place these works within a specific historical context.
Part 2 (PICK ONE):
A- What happened to Spain in the early seventeenth century? Was there a decline? What was the nature of the decline? What were the causes of the collapse of Spain? Knowing what you do about the reforms of the catholic Monarchs, why did Spain almost disintegrate in 1640? Illustrate your points with specific examples from the textbooks (Spanish Society). Think critically.
B- In the last four chapters of Spanish Society, The author attempts to recreate the patterns of everyday life and Spanish attitudes towards honor, dress, food, travel, entertainment, magic, representations and the like. Select two of these themes and discuss them in detail with references to the primary sources and provide historical context.
Part 2 Source: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12SuKsO5rwUe28OwB…