1) What is one of the advantages of using nonlinear programming? 2) Which of the followings are examples of a nonlinear function? a. P= 5 X + 7 X2 – 2 X2. b. P= 8 X1 –
Do you need academic writing help with your homework? Let us write your papers.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
1) What is one of the advantages of using nonlinear programming?
2) Which of the followings are examples of a nonlinear function?
a. P= 5 X + 7 X2 – 2 X2.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
b. P= 8 X1 – 4 X2.
c. P= X1 + 6 X2 + 3 X1*X2.
d. All of the above
3) A separable programming problem is actually a two or more linear programming problems.
(T / F)
4) A separable programming problem has more than one decision variable (T / F)
5) A nonlinear programming problem may have only two local maxima (T / F)
6) Problems with increasing marginal returns are generally easier for Solver to solve than problems with decreasing marginal returns. (T / F)
7) Using the below function, please answer these questions:
a. Number of local minimum(s)
b. Number of global minimum(s)
Bonus: (2 points each)
1) The Evolutionary Solver requires that the constraints all be linear. ( T / F )
2) We can approximate a nonlinear programming problem by a linear one. ( T / F )
3) If the slope of a curve on a profit graph never increases but sometimes decreases as the level of the activity increases, then it is said to have increasing marginal returns. ( T / F )
4) A nonlinear programming problem will have how many local maxima?
It can have any number of local maxima.