1. What is Organizational Culture?
- a) What organizations do as part of operations.
- b) The way employees work and how they hold the code of conduct for the organization.
- c) The organizations plan as part of their strategy to conduct business.
- d) What organizations tell other organizations what to do.
- 2. What is the subculture of an organization?
- a) The large culture of the organization.
- b) The CEO of the organization.
- c) The small fragment of culture that make up as part of the overall organization culture.
- d) The contractors of the organization.
- 3. What is the key objective behind Employee Socialization?
- a) Weekly Training of employees.
- b) When employees have meetings with their supervisors.
- c) To understand how the company hierarchy works.
- d) Cross division meetings.
- 4. What is not part of Institutionalization in organization?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- 5. Why are ethics important in an organization?
a) Climate in an organization.
b) Corruption can work to the benefit of the organization.
c) Back-channel dialog with competitor networks.
d) Compliance standards of the industry.
- 6. Which one of the following are not part of business ethical issues?
b) Employee dress code.
c) Unsafe working conditions.
d) Accounting practices.
7. What is the biggest risk for company leadership for employees to do social media updates during work hours?
a) Informing competitors’ free information
b) Informing friends and family of the nature of the work.
c) Managing a balance between work and life pressure.
d) Keeping an open mind and understanding industry standards online.
8. Work place conflict happens mainly because of which of the following?
a) Difference in employee views on how to create a structure of a model.
b) How employees take their lunch break.
c) Employees political views.
d) When employees of various backgrounds and different approaches to their jobs are brought together for a shared business purpose.
9. What is not part of workplace conflict?
a) Personality differences.
b) Unclarified roles in work places.
c) Mismanagement of organization change.
d) Meeting other vendors to clarify accounts.
10. Which one of the following is Decision Making Model?
a) Opportunity Problem, Frame, Personal Vision, Key Current Decision.
- b) Opportunity Problem, Requirements, Personal Vision, Current Decision.
- c) Requirements, Personal Vision, Current Decision, Results.
- d) Requirements, Frame, Personal Vision, Next Career.
- 11. What is the main purpose of a Decision-Making Model?
a) Problem definition, potential, solution, analysis and rationale.
b) Opportunity, problem definition, potential, solution, analysis and rationale.
c) Opportunity, specific solution, potential, analysis and rationale.
d) Opportunity, specific problem, potential, analysis and rationale.
- 12. What is not a leadership style?
b) Highly Participatory
d) Highly Collaborative
e) None of the Above
- 13. Which one of the following are an accurate set of biases for a Leader?
a) Availability Biases, Anchor Biases, Over Confidence Bias, Confirmation Bias, Rush to solve Bias.
b) Anchor Biases, Over Confidence Bias, Confirmation Bias, Rush to solve Bias.
c) Over Confidence Bias, Confirmation Bias, Rush to solve Bias.
d) Non-availability Biases, Anchor Biases, Over Confidence Bias, Confirmation Bias, Rush to solve Bias.
- 14. From the following please circle the key error in decision making for a leader?
b) Not Providing Feedback.
c) Providing Feedback
d) Making time for your team.
15.. What is most important in the Process and function of Communication?
a) Direct, Confront and Decline.
b) Inform, Communicate and Persuade.
c) Perform, Direct and Confront.
d) Collude, Differ and Non-Cooperate.
16. Which one of the following is not a formal method of Communication at workplace?
a) Email, One-on-One, Texts, Memos.
b) Meetings, Email, One-on-One, Texts, Memos.
c) Happy Hour, Email, One-on-One, Texts, Memos.
d) Back-room conversations, rumors and communications.
17. What is the key difference between Formal and Informal Communication?
a) It is Oral.
b) It is Written.
c) It is Discussed.
d) It is a Group Decision.
18. What is a key problem with leaderships in their decision making?
19. On a separate sheet of paper design your own organization model. List positions that are important to you and clarify what the position does and what the organization does.
20. Scenerio: DXX Global is putting together a project for you to manage as you have recently won a bid for $2M to complete and operate a building located west of Washington D.C inside 30 days. DXX Global is funding 40 of your consultants with a further 100 contractors that you will employ to do implementation and adjustments for the construction project.
21. Due to the short 30-day duration of the project what kind of leadership methodology would you use?
a) Task Oriented
b) People Oriented
e) both b & c
22. By the 26th day of your 30-day project 7 of your contractors are exhausted and cannot perform the tasks at hand. In order to diversify their tasks what kind of leadership approach would you use to motivate them, so they are not burning out to complete their tasks.
a) Task Oriented
d) People Oriented
23. In transactional leadership, rewards and punishments are contingent upon the performance of the followers.
24. Which one of the following are the skills needed to become a good Manager?
a) Organization & Time Management
b) Skilled Scheduler & Organizer
c) Planner and strategizer
d) Strategizer and Organizer
25. What are the three types of Organization Change?
a) Structure, Schedule & People
b) Structure, Technology, Production
c) Structure, Technology & People
d) Structure, Schedule & Profit
26. What are the three causes of Organization Change?
a) Globalization, Market Condition and Organization Growth.
b) Global markets, Global compliance problems, Global market conditions
c) Global stocks, Global market evaluations, Global competition
d) All of the above.
FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS PLEASE ANSWER WITH BULLET POINTS & DIAGRAM.
27. Create your own organization structure and display it at the bottom. Include your position within the organization structure. As you create this org structure create a department that only responds to you and no one else. (Please use a separate sheet of paper).
28. Gerrard Thomson is CEO of STNI Pharmaceuticals. For the last 10-years his company has created four divisions within the company. Last year the company produced 8 different products. When regulators cited a problem with 2 of these products, Thomson brought in all his team leaders from the respective divisions. How can he find a resolution of what has gone wrong? (Please use a separate sheet of paper).
29. James McCalister is the Director of Kelen Engineering Inc. When his boss was fired from his position, he was promoted to take the former’s responsibilities. Taking on the position, McCalister introduced new standards that were at odds with Management, fellow Directors and Senior Analysts. A petition was distributed in the company to have McCalister fired for unknown reasons. You are the CEO of Kelen Engineering, how would you resolve this issue? (Please use a separate sheet of paper).
30. Kelen Isla’s team generate a revenue growth of 13.3% for supporting their aviation account which different from the overall company. When the company decided to restructure for reasons of equal distribution of resources, Kelen’s team had to take on 10 more employees. These 10 employees had no experience on the aviation industry. What are Kelen’s challenges?
31. You have created a Confidentiality Agreement for the Interns that you have accepted in your organization for the summer. The Agreement clearly states, “No specific practice skill that is patented and or authenticated can be used in other organizations or other markets with exception to different divisions of this company”. One month after the Internship is completed, your competitor hires your Intern and is able to win a contract based on your specific organization skillset. You are aware the list of names disclosed by the client does not include your former Intern but what you do know is that the Intern does work there. What could you have done to protect your practice more and how can you protect your practice now? (Please use a separate sheet of paper).
32. Kelenbay Bank for the last 10 years have generated profits close to $75 Million. Much of the surge of success has been attributed to their Consulting division. The Bank also has a Risk and Analytics division that does not generate revenue but saves the bank close to $100 Million. When the bank chose to restructure and bring all divisions into one group they faced a problem. They could not decide whether to keep the structures or merge the Consulting division and the Risk and Analytics division. What would you do? (Please use a separate sheet of paper).
33. Eric Saunders and Dean Atkins have been best friends since they joined Ernst & Young (EY) as Senior Associates in 1998. In 2006 both were recruited by CEO Brandon Hodges to join in his cabinet. Saunders was offered the portfolio of Federal Reserve Bank liaison and Atkins was offered the International Operations portfolio. Both served as Executive Vice-Presidents. In 2016 when Brandon Hodges retired, the Board of Directors of EY voted for the next CEO. Both Saunders and Atkins received 37 votes equally. Upon two more rounds of voting both had equal votes. Sensing a deadlock, the Chairman of the Board of Directors asked Saunders and Atkins to resolve the issue on their own. What would you propose to Saunders and Atkins to resolve the matter on who should be the next CEO of EY. (Please use a separate sheet of paper).
34. You have been offered a position with Dean Dixon & Co. When the salary amount was disclosed you realize that it is $15,000 less than what you had requested. When you bring up the issue with Human Resources, the department responds with giving you company stock options worth $400,000. Conditions for having stock options also include that you cannot sell them during your time of employment and after you leave the company the stock options will no longer be available to you as the company will take the option back. What would you do request as a counter offer? (Please use a separate sheet of paper).
35. You have been tasked to create an organization in Bosnia with an annual budget of 1M. While you have been specifically directed to create this organization as Energy consulting services for the 1st year only, from year 2 you will have greater options for yourself as you get more clients and expansion of the budget by 10%. How would you structure the organization from year 2 onwards? (Please use a separate sheet of paper).