Please read and answer all questions. THis Assignment requires you to apply the theories, concepts, and research that you have covered so far this term to a hypothetical case study. Your answers to the questions and completed graph should consist of information from the text and supplemental readings.You also may use sources from the Kaplan library or other credible Internet sources, but your primary sources should be the readings assigned for the course.
Read each Case Study and answer the questions below. You will need to write 2–3 typed pages for each case in order to address all required parts of the project.Answers to the questions should be typed in an APA formatted Word document, double-spaced in 12-point font and submitted to the Dropbox.
This paper must be original work; plagiarism will not be tolerated. Please make sure to provide proper credit for those sources used in your case study analysis in proper APA format. You must credit authors when you:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Summarize a concept, theory or research
- Use direct quotes from the text or articles
Read Case Study 1: Martin
Martin, a behavior analyst, is working with Sara, a 14-year-old girl with severe developmental delays who exhibits self-injurious behavior (SIB). Sara’s target behavior is defined as pulling her hair, biting her arm and banging her head against the wall. After conducting a functional analysis, Martin decided to employ an intervention program consisting of differential reinforcement of other (DRO) desired behavior. Martin collected data on Sara’s SIB before and during the intervention. Below is a depiction of the data that Martin collected:
Sara’s Frequency of SIB
Address the following questions, and complete the following requirements:
- Create a basic line graph using Microsoft Excel, to be included in your Word document. The graph should depict the data provided in this case study. You should only need to create one graph, with SIB depicted, both in baseline and in intervention.
- What type of research design did Martin employ when working with Sara? What is an advantage and a disadvantage of using this research design?
- According to the data in the graph, was the intervention that Martin selected effective in modifying Sara’s self-injurious behavior?
- Martin had considered using an ABAB reversal design when working with Sara. What are some ethical implications of selecting a reversal design when working with the type of behavior problems that Sara was exhibiting?
- Martin’s supervisor requested a graph of the data he collected when working with Sara. Why are graphs useful in evaluating behavior change?
- Discuss how a graph demonstrates a functional relationship. Identify whether the graph that you created using the data provided in this section depicts a functional relationship.
Assignment Case Study
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Arts and Sciences Assignment Rubrics Applied Behavior Analysis II Assignment Areas shaded in gray connect to a CLA/GEL. Grading Criteria Points Possible Points Earned Content Creates a basic line graph in Excel, clearly depicting the behaviors presented in the given data set. 0-20 Clearly and accurately identifies the research design presented in the case and accurately interprets the data from the created graph. 0-20 Thoroughly discusses ethical implications of alternative research designs 0-20 Clearly and thoroughly discusses the importance of graphing data in the field and identifies the importance of understanding functional relationships 0-20 Writing Structure: Paper includes a title page, introduction with thesis statement, conclusion, and in-text citations and reference page using APA style. Paper is appropriate in length (body of the paper should be 2-3 pages, not including the title page or reference page). Paper includes reference to the textbook and any other academic sources used. 0-10 Mechanics: Paper uses Standard American English including correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and complete sentences and paragraphs. Paper is free of typographical errors. Paper includes a highly developed viewpoint and purpose. Paper demonstrates superior organization; communication is highly ordered, logical and unified. 0-10