Case Analysis: Systems Acquisition
Review each of the following video cases:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Health IT success story: Portal enhances patient-centered preventative care
- Health IT success story: Using IT to fight care fragmentation
- Health IT success: Quality measures for interoperable electronic health records
Select one of these cases and address the following questions in your paper:
- Analyze the part the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) plays in health care information systems acquisition.
- Address the major concerns, and provide alternatives to alleviate these concerns.
- Analyze whether or not value was added to health care information systems through acquisition.
- Analyze how the system might advance or devalue patient care delivery.
- Explain whether or not the current system can or should be maintained.
- Explain what the literature states about this type of implementation/acquisition.
- Explain who the gatekeeper(s) are in this type of acquisition.
- Describe how cost is impacted with this system.
- Describe the initial reaction to the system implementation/acquisition.
- Describe whether or not the quality implementation/acquisition impacts your chosen topic for your Final Proposal and Final Presentation. This response needs to be one paragraph in length.
The Case Analysis:
- Must be three to four pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), double-spaced and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must Include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.