Case Law Analysis – Contract Law
In this unit, you will select a case law pertaining to the topic of contract law.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Each case law analysis allows you to express yourself as clearly and fully as possible in dissecting a court decision. The purpose of the assignment is two-fold:
- To give you the opportunity to read a real court decision.
- To challenge you to think about how you would have decided the case. In your case law analyses, you must be able to navigate the court’s decision and summarize it; you are not expected to act as a judge or an advocate.
Using your selected court decision, prepare an analysis that responds to the following:
- Articulate the importance, context, purpose, and relevance of law in a business environment:
- Identify the parties who are before the court.
- Provide a brief background of the problem. Summarize the facts in no more than 2–3 paragraphs.
- Identify the specific disagreement between the parties.
- Explain the ruling of the court in no more than 1–2 paragraphs.
- Evaluate key judicial concepts that influence the decisions related to business:
- Was there a dissenting opinion? If so, explain why some of the judges or justices disagreed with the majority in the decision.
- Do you agree with the court’s decision? Why or why not?
You may choose any court case, either state or federal, as the basis for your case law analysis; however, the case should be applicable to the assignment topic. The recommended Web sites for researching and locating a case are listed in the Resources area.
Your analysis should be no more than two pages, double-spaced. References and citations are to adhere to APA formatting and style guidelines. Prior to submitting your assignment, be sure to review the scoring guide to ensure you have met all of the grading criteria.