The governor of your home state has decided to launch a “Smart Communities” initiative. These communities will depend upon cyber-physical systems to provide new or enhanced services. You have been asked to prepare a presentation for a state-wide public meeting to discuss the potential impact of “smart technologies” and the underlying “cyber-physical systems” on critical infrastructures for utilities and transportation in your home state.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Research the use of “smart” (cyber-physical) systems and technologies to build the communities of the future (streets / transportation, community services & facilities).
Here are two URLs to help you get started with your research:
- NIST Cyber-Physical Systems Working Group–https://www.nist.gov/el/cyber-physical-systems/cps…
- Global Cities Team Challenge—https://www.nist.gov/el/cyber-physical-systems/sma…
Answer the following questions:
- What types of cyber-physical systems will be required to provide pervasive “awareness” and “reporting” capabilities in the community infrastructure?
- What types of cyber-physical systems will provide the greatest future benefits to the residents of such communities?
- What are the anticipated economic, social, and cultural impacts of technology enhanced smart cities?
- What are the anticipated vulnerabilities? For example, how could terrorists or criminal attack or compromise cyber-physical systems?
Format your presentation as a list of talking points using MS Word (not Power Point). Your document should be 2 – 3 pages in length. Include APA format citations and references as appropriate to the information used and the sources from which you obtained that information.