In this assignment, you will assess the impact of health legislation on nursing practice and communicate your analysis to your peers. GovTrack.us provides a list of federal health bills that are currently in process in Congressional Committees
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
A short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment may be viewed here: Healthcare Policy (Links to an external site.)
- This assignment will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation (Bullet points may be used).
- You are educating your peers through this presentation regarding a federal bill you believe may be of interest to nurses.
- Go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/health/6130 (Links to an external site.)
- Choose a health-related federal bill of interest. Read through the bill and develop a summary in your own words. Include the bill number and name.
- Here is a link to our U.S. legislative process (bill to law) for review, if needed.
Tutorial: For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft website may be helpful –
Include the following information in your presentation
- Title slide (Your name, NR451, session, Healthcare Policy assignment)
- Bill name and number (indicate either H.B. or S.B.)
- Bill summary (in your own words)
- Address how this bill might impact professional nursing practice standards if passed? If not passed?
- How might the bill impact your own nursing practice?
- How might you communicate your concerns about or support for this bill based on nursing practice, standards, or patient outcomes?
- How might this bill impact your community?
- References slide to include the Bill source in APA format.
- No more than 12 slides
There is no required form or template for this assignment. Please use PowerPoint best practices throughout your presentation.
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation.
- Review directions and rubric thoroughly prior to beginning assignment.
- Watch short Kaltura video.Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
- Make slides easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
Cite all sources on the appropriate slides with (author, year) as well as on the Reference slide.
- Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Use the rubric as a final check prior to submission to ensure all content is clearly addressed.
- TURNITIN will be used, no plagiarism.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeBill Identification and SummaryA bill (name and number) is identified and key points are summarized using own words. 30.0 pts Name and number of bill is clearly identified using assigned website. Key points of bill are clearly summarized using own words.
Impact of Bill on Nursing Practice StandardsAddresses possible impact of bill on nursing practice standards if bill is passed and if not passed. 30.0 pts Thoroughly addresses and describes detailed potential impact on nursing practice standards, if bill is passed and if not passed.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeImpact of Bill on Own Nursing PracticeAddresses possible impact on own nursing practice if bill is passes; if not passed. 30.0 pts Identifies and describes detailed potential impact of bill on own nursing practice, if bill is passed and, if not passed.
Communication StrategiesAddress strategies you might use to communicate your concerns or support for the bill with legislators and peers. 30.0 pts Thoroughly addresses communication strategies to legislators and peers regarding concerns or support for the bill.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCommunity Impact of BillDiscuss at least 1 possible impact this bill might have on your community 35.0 pts Details of at least one potential community impact of bill are included.
Mechanics, Organization, and APA formatPowerPoint slides are clear, organized, and logical. References slide is included. Content is error free in grammar and spelling. Proper APA formatting used for citations and references slide. 20.0 ptsExcellent mechanics, organization, and formatting used with minimal errors and used best practices for PowerPoint.
Use of Correct Government Website needed.