- Read the assigned chapters in your course textbook.
Watch the following videos:
- Identifying Premises and Conclusions(Links to an external site.)
- What Is an Argument?(Links to an external site.)
- What(Links to an external site.) Is a Good Argument? (Part I) (Links to an external site.)
- What Is a Good Argument?: The Logic Condition (Links to an external site.)
- The Value of Using Standard Form(Links to an external site.)
- Complete the interactive module PHI 103 Premises and Conclusions(Links to an external site.).
Your instructor will choose the discussion question and post it as the first post in the discussion forum. Answer all the questions in the prompt, and read any resources that are required to complete the discussion properly. If you have not done so already, begin by choosing a topic from the Final Paper Options list to use in your writing assignments in this course. You can find these options here or under the required resources for the course.
In addition to your original post, post a minimum of three responses for a total of at least four posts. At least two responses must be to your classmates; the third response could be to a classmate or your instructor. Be sure to post on three separate days throughout the week to promote further engagement and discussion. Each response should be a minimum of 75 words.