TOPIC : Mobile Home Property Developer and Manager
need 500 words discussion post and no plagiarism
Discussion: Devotional – Planning
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Getting Started Planning: Our Part of God’s Part?
Managers spend large parts of their lives planning and controlling, two of the four functions according to management theory. Yet we are told on Sunday and in our Bible study that God is in control and we should turn it all over to Him. Woody Allen is quoted as saying, “If you want to hear God laugh, tell him about your plans.” This makes us laugh until we realize how much time we spend making plans in our business and personal life. Is all that time wasted?
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Develop a biblical framework to resolve ethical dilemmas in marketing strategies and tactics.
identified a company or industry of interest : Mobile Home Property Developer and Manager
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- We are asked by our supervisors, peers, and work team to develop plans for success. We invest significant time and energy in finding and reviewing data, and manipulating spreadsheets and charts and graphs to forecast the future so we think we know what will happen. This course and many others train you on how to perform those analyses.
- The course author was once managing a sales team and asked a common question to one of its members, “How much will you sell next year?” The man, an openly devout Christian, quickly responded, “Whatever God brings to me.” While the author did not disagree that it could happen, he responded back, “OK but God expects you to do your part, so how much are you going to try to sell?” The salesperson was not prepared for that question and walked away with a strange look on his face.
- In this module, you submit the revised final draft of your internal and external marketing environments report. That report will – or should – include significant analysis of external elements, factors, and pressures that are outside of your client’s control but may have a substantial impact on their plans. We say that analysis is art and science, that science is finding the numbers and art is interpreting them. If there is so much that we cannot control, and we believe that God is in control, can we expect our plans to be valid? We see in the Book of Job that God’s faithful servant lost it all through a series of unexpected and unforeseen events including two natural disasters (lightning and wind). In a few hours, these two unpredictable and indefensible calamities and two attacks by enemies erased all of Job’s success after many years of planning and implementation. Then we are told in Jeremiah that God has good plans for us, almost suggesting that since He has plans for us, we don’t need any plans, that it’s already taken care of.
You identified a company or industry of interest to use in your degree program. Consider these questions and post your thoughts on them:
- How much can and should a company in your industry of interest plan or how much should it’s management team rely on letting God do it all?
- What are some unpredictable and indefensible calamities that might affect your industry of interest?
- How is it our responsibility as a manager or leader in that industry of interest to do everything we can to plan when external events beyond our control can have such a significant negative impact on our plans?
- “All right,” the Lord said to Satan, “everything he has is in your power, but you must not hurt Job himself.” (Job 1:12, NIV)
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)