Your paper must be:
- In 12 pt. , Times New Roman font
- With 1 inch margins
- On white background, in black font
- 3-5 FULL pages, not a sentence more or less (5 pages recommended)
- Double-spaced evenly throughout (correct the extra 10 point spacing that Microsoft Word puts between paragraphs)
Regardless of your citation style, your heading must be single-spaced, and include only your name, the date, and the assignment title. Do not include a title page. You must include a works cited page with your paper, which is not included in the page limit (this is different from a reference list or bibliography). You must incorporate a minimum of 3 sources, from 2 different types of sources (text, internet, books, and articles). The use of Wikipedia is not permitted whatsoever, and may result in an automatic 0 on this assignment, even if properly cited. Other than these guidelines, you may use APA, MLA, or ASA style, but you must pick one style and stay consistent throughout.
Save your time - order a paper!
-What is a minority group? Explain how race, ethnicity, religion, and gender constitute the basis for minority group status: What is a racial, ethnic, religious, and gender minority? Why are people subordinated based on these factors?
-What are other factors that are used to subordinate groups of people? List and explain at least 3 other types of minority groups (besides race, ethnicity, religion, and gender).
-What steps, both legal and social, have been taken to elevate the status of minority group members? Research 2 laws and 2 organizations that were made to help minority groups. Give a detailed history of each law/organization, and explain which group it has helped and how. (This is where you show me you did your research- it will be the largest part of your paper.)
A successful paper will:
- Show that you know what the terms race, ethnicity, religion, gender, and minority/subordinate group mean. Clearly incorporate your understanding into the essay
- Have good readability, flow, and coherence
- Contain proper grammar and use of in-text citations
- Provide evidence with strong supporting detail
- Be appropriate in the quality and tone of the paper
- Use appropriate academic sources (no .coms, be cautious with .orgs, .edu is acceptable)
- Present a clear and effective introduction, analysis, and conclusion