Project: Department of Defense (DoD) Ready
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
This course project is intended to assess your ability to identify, design, and organize information technology (IT) security policies.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
You will be able to develop draft IT security policies for an organization and apply learning constructs from the course.
Required Source Information and Tools
The following tools and resources will be needed to complete this project:
- Course textbook
- DoD instructions or directives
- Risk Management Framework (RF) for Department of Defense Information Technology (IT) http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/8510…and http://www.rmf.org/images/stories/rmf_documents/85…
- Department of Defense Information Security Program
- Department of Defense Internet Services and Internet-Based Capabilities
- Department of Defense Proposes New Information Security Requirements for Contractors:
- School/public library (optional)
You work for a high-tech company with approximately 390 employees. Your firm recently won a large DoD contract, which will add 30% to the revenue of your organization. It is a high-priority, high-visibility project. You will be allowed to make your own budget, project timeline, and tollgate decisions.
This course project will require you to form a team and develop the proper DoD security policies required to meet DoD standards for delivery of technology services to the U.S. Air Force Cyber Security Center (AFCSC), a DoD agency. To do this, you must develop DoD-approved policies and standards for your IT infrastructure (see the “Tasks” section below). The policies you create must pass DoD-based requirements. Currently, your organization does not have any DoD contracts and thus has no DoD-compliant security policies or controls in place.
Your firm’s computing environment includes the following:
- 12 servers running Microsoft Server 2012 R2, providing the following:
- Active Directory (AD)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application (Oracle)
- A Research and Development (R&D) Engineering network segment for testing, separate from the production environment
- Microsoft Exchange Server for e-mail
- Symantec e-mail filter
- Websense for Internet use
- Two Linux servers running Apache Server to host your Web site
- 390 PCs/laptops running Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and Adobe Reader
- Select a team leader for your project group.
- Create policies that are DoD compliant for the organization’s IT infrastructure.
- Develop a list of compliance laws required for DoD contracts.
- List controls placed on domains in the IT infrastructure.
- List required standards for all devices, categorized by IT domain.
- Develop a deployment plan for implementation of these polices, standards, and controls.
- List all applicable DoD frameworks in the final delivery document.
- Write a professional report that includes all of the above content-related items.
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Font: Times New Roman, Size 12, Double-Space
- Citation Style: APA format
- At least 10 references (including the book)
- Length 10 pages (not including title page and (10)references )
- I developed a list of compliance laws required for DoD contracts.
- I listed controls placed on domains in the IT infrastructure.
- I listed required standards for all devices, categorized by IT domain.
- I developed DoD policies and standards for our organization’s IT infrastructure.
- I developed a deployment plan for implementation of these polices, standards, and controls.
- I listed all applicable DoD frameworks in the final report.
- I found additional references/resources than those provided.
- I created an academic paper describing the policies, standards, and controls that would make our organization DoD compliant.
- I submitted my work by the due date including the PPT slides.
Your paper should not be in list format. It should be in proper paper format with paragraphs, section headings, and properly formatted sentences. Lists can be used, but kept to a minimum throughout the document.